Submitting Personal Statement Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sneeze Doctor

NSU COM c/o 2020
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys this sounds like a real stupid question, but upon completing my personal statement and inserting it into the AMCAS box, are we suppose to include a space between each paragraph? By doing so you limit your characters further, but I prepared for it by inserting the one line gap between paragraphs when typing up my personal statement on Microsoft Word.

I asked a buddy of mine and he said he just copy and pasted his entire personal statement into the box without any spaces (in my head I pictured a complete jumbled mess). but he did say he was able to say more.

idk, gaps or no gaps?

Also there's no indentation right?

Thank you all, your feedback is well respected.

Members don't see this ad.

It's what, 5300 characters?

Assuming you split into
INTRO
P1
P2
P3
CONCLUSION

And hard returns cost you 4 characters (?), that's 16 characters, a quarter of a percent of your essay, to make your personal statement not look like ****.

I made sure mine looked good before I submitted. There's a full empty line between paragraphs and there's no indentations allowed.

Remember, this document in its entirety gets sent to every single school you apply to in exactly the format you submit it.

I know when I read essays, I instantly ask for a reformat before I read it if it's just a giant wall of text. It's intimidating and hard to maintain focus reading.

Best of luck in your cycle.