submitting secondaries past suggested deadlines (case western)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jwin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have been steadily plugging away at my secondaries but since i received almost all fifteen of them in a week, it was not possible for me to finish them all on time. on the case westerns secondary mailing it says "due to the volume of applications the committee requests that applicants return their completeed application within two weeks from the date of receipt." my date of receipt was about 4 weeks ago, so should i still turn this app in? will its tardiness have a great affect?

Members don't see this ad.

Turn it in. They don't really check up on those deadlines.

thanks, i like advice that is exactly what i want to hear!

Members don't see this ad :)
We aim to please here at SDN! ;)

Yeah, lots of places say "10 days" or "2 weeks," but they don't really mean it. Someone around here said they turned the Duke on in like 3 months later even though it said "2 weeks." I mean, sooner is better than later, but if you can't do it in the suggested time, just do it ASAP.

-RA

Random Access said:
Yeah, lots of places say "10 days" or "2 weeks," but they don't really mean it. Someone around here said they turned the Duke on in like 3 months later even though it said "2 weeks." I mean, sooner is better than later, but if you can't do it in the suggested time, just do it ASAP.

-RA

This is such a relief! I had the exact same question about Case Western! I want to apply, but not if they are going to throw out my application because it doesn't come in in two weeks. Also, they say that they won't look at you anyway if you're an August MCATer, so the two week turnaround didn't make much sense to me.

Thanks!!

Karin

I also thought it probably didn't matter. Especially since August MCAT scores arent in yet.

The only school I made sure I got in by the deadline was Loyola. There was a stamped "due date" on it. I don't quite understand why they do that, but I sent it overnight mail to get it to them!

EMTLizzy said:
I also thought it probably didn't matter. Especially since August MCAT scores arent in yet.

The only school I made sure I got in by the deadline was Loyola. There was a stamped "due date" on it. I don't quite understand why they do that, but I sent it overnight mail to get it to them!

Loyola has a two week "grace period" :D