Submitting transcript to AMCAs without AMCAS form

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ziggy08

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I may have no choice but to submit my university transcript to AMCAS without the official AMCAS transcript request form. I know this isn't recommended, but is it going to be a major problem?

Anyone with experience on this?

Alisa

Members don't see this ad.

This should not be a problem. I did this last year. And unfortunately I'm having to doing it again this year. I have not had any problems submitting this way. In fact I did not submit any with the AMCAS request form. The only problem I had appears to be because my transcript got misplaced once it was delivered to AMCAS, but they can search for your application in the system by your name and will make sure it gets included in your file. I've had them sent from 5 different schools that have their own system and have had no problems.

why on earth would you have to that? you can print it very easily and send it to the registrar with a letter releasing your transcript with information like student id, amcas id, address, phone number, etc. even if you are out of the country or something, i would give your amcas password to your parents or siblings or friends and have them print it out and produce the letter and sign for you and take care of it on your behalf.

I submitted with the amcas request form and it still took a good three weeks for my transcripts to get there and get matched. is there something about your situation I am missing?

Members don't see this ad :)
I did it for one transcript last month (I requested it from my school online - i.e., without the AMCAS form) and didn't have any trouble. And it got there and logged in within a week. And I've been verified.

One reason people may not want to print out the form and mail it in (i.e., if they're out of the state/country) is that it takes a lot longer to snail mail a transcript request. Online requests seem to be processed much faster. However, if I'd had the option of requesting it by fax, I would have probably done that instead. That way you can print out the AMCAS form and fax it in with your school's transcript request form. Regardless, the instant online request without the form did work fine too....

i did an online transcript request, and i scanned and emailed the AMCAS form to my registrar immediately after i requested the transcripts. :)

Hi,

I may have no choice but to submit my university transcript to AMCAS without the official AMCAS transcript request form. I know this isn't recommended, but is it going to be a major problem?

Anyone with experience on this?

Alisa

I did it for 2 out of 3 transcripts. They are all in no prob. Don't worry about it.