Subscribe to threads?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigBlueBear

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to get notifications when somebody posts in a specific thread? I'm asking because it's a pain to scan through the school-specific thread to see if there have been unread posts when I could just get notifications telling me there are new posts...

Members don't see this ad.

Above your post OP, click on Thread Tools, then Subscribe to thread. You should then get to choose how you get notified of new posts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Above your post OP, click on Thread Tools, then Subscribe to thread. You should then get to choose how you get notified of new posts.

Aha! Genius. Thanks guys.

I like to have a folder of subscribed threads that are all my school specific threads and then just have a bookmark to that folder. That way I am not getting emails or anything, but can quickly check all of the schools threads quickly.

Also, it keeps my other subscribed threads separate from the school specific ones.

A caution to others doing this though that use SDN Mobile (at least the iPhone version). If you have the app open to a thread you are subscribed to and then go to it on your computer cause you want to post in it or something, it will unsubscribe from it for some reason. You then have to resubscribe to it, which is kinda frustrating because sometimes you do not even realize it 'till you're like, "Hmmmm, why have I not seen any updates in the Mayo thread recently, normally there are like 50+ a day?"... So yeah, just watch out for that.

That would not help at all.

Not completely true. If you hit reply, under the text box there are options to subscribe to the thread and can even set it to send you emails.

Semantics? Really?

I mean, I guess "not help at all" can also mean "only help a little" :laugh:

But seriously, maybe Poetic Silence turned his Default Thread Subscription Mode to Instant Email Notification under My Account -> Edit Options -> Messaging & Notifications and just didn't remember, in which case, posting in a thread would notify him immediately as the OP wanted.