Success in Talking to Deans/Admissions Committee Members Post-Rejection?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scubagirl5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently waitlisted at two schools, but I am planning on resubmitting my application since its possible the waitlists might not work for this year. I have heard of people contacting admission offices and being able to speak with the dean or other committee members from schools you got rejected from and them discussing your application with you (going over the weakness and such).

I've attempted contacting several schools, both Temple and Penn State informed me that they don't offer such a service.

Has anyone else done this? If so which schools are open to offering advice to rejected applicants?

Members don't see this ad.

It might say on your rejection letter whether they encourage you to ask for guidance. MCW said something along those lines.

Wayne State in fact did this for me this cycle. They of course mention this within their rejection letter. I was rejected very early, pre-secondary, as I was 'not competitive'. :confused: Surprisingly, they scheduled my appointment before my first interview around Thanksgiving.

a lot of schools do it, but mostly at schools in the middle of the spectrum because schools at both ends get too many applicants.