Success stories in admission to PT school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lmccoy10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone had any encouraging success stories of applicants with lower end GPAs (3.0-3.2) that were accepted into a DPT program? I am currently within this bracket with pre req's, overall GPA is slightly higher. Thanks for any insight guys!

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted into school for this coming fall with an overall GPA of 2.76 and a pre-req GPA of 3.9 (I'm a non-traditional student). The best advice I can give you is go above and beyond what is expected of you in the other areas of your application and apply early and often. Research schools to get an idea if they just look at numbers or if they actuall look at the whole person. Also, do well on the GRE and that will help off-set the GPA a little.

Good Luck!

Oh ya, do some searches on this site and you will find a ton of success stories. They are very motivating and helped me a lot to stay positive throughout the app. process.

Thanks for your insight, Yohan. Also, do you have have any information regarding how schools deal with retaking certain pre requisites? Does it usually depend on the school whether they avg the two or take the highest? I am asking as I have received a C in anatomy which obviously cant be good. If I retake and receive an A will they usually avg or take the highest?
Thanks for any help guys!

Go to the PTCAS website and look at the individual schools you are interested in attending. Most, if not all, do grade replacement