This notice is not to brag but to let people know that with good but not great stats and a retake on the MCAT, you can still do well in the process! Even fantastic stats won't distinguish you at the end -- your personality, your deeds, your LORs will.
- MCAT 04/09 -- 29
- Retook MCAT 07/09 -- 34
- GPA -- 3.7 (Not bad but not a 4.0)
- Applied to 18 schools
- Invited to interview by 13 school
- Attended interview at 10
- Accepted to 7
- Waitlisted at 1
- Rejected at 1
- Waiting on 1
- Numbers are not the only thing that matters in this process
- If you have great ECs, LORs, or publications, those will be taken into account
- The interview matters so stay calm and enjoy them
- Apply broadly but be wary of people who tell you to apply to more safeties. Of the 5 schools that did not interview me, 3 were my lowest safeties -- save yourself money and apply realistically.