Successful applicants profiles

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinfeathers6

man, it's so loud in here
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else here might be interested in participating in a "Successful Applicants Survey" which could be maintained as an active thread on SDN. I am prez of a premed org at UCLA and I know all us premeds are both nervous and curious about 'what it takes' to get in. There is no set formula, and sometimes it can be inspiring and helpful for each of us to see the diversity of applicants who have succeeded in getting in wherever, and conversely where that applicant did not get in (it also give us perspectives on the respective schools).

Since this network is anonymous, I am just wondering if you all might like to participate in this -- those of you who applied last year, and those of you who are in the process of applying/interviewing/being accepted can share your application profiles, and those who are about to apply or even just beginning the premed track can appreciate the diversity among successful applicants as they prepare for their own application processes (and will eventually share their profiles too!). I personally have no problem sharing my info, anonymous or not -- but I dont have all my stats together yet and havent applied yet (no mcat till summer).

I already conducted this survey with my organization at UCLA. The applicant profile should include the following:
* where you applied
* where you received interviews
* where you were accepted
* your undergrad college & major(s) (and if you have greater than undergrad degree, list those too and insititutions)
* your age at time of application
* cum GPA and science GPA
* MCAT score breakdown
* extracurriculars (research, volunteer work,
internship, leadership experiences, publications/presentations, conferences, comm service,etc -- please list how long you stuck with each of these activties as well)
* strong, satisfactory, or weak letters of rec
* interviews (good or bad)

I think it would be awesome to keep these profiles going for premeds to check out and use for self-evaluation and to generally learn more about fellow applicants/peers. I also feel that such sharing of info encourages comradery and openness amongst premeds, as opposed to the usual tension and competitiveness that we all encounter. :scared:

Whatcha think? :D

Members don't see this ad.

i've always been meaning to go to the PPA meetings but they're always at the worst times for me! but from the flyers it looks like you guys are doing a good job. :D

mind sharing your survey or what you have of it?

IT IS TOO EARLY FOR THESE THREADS!!! COME BACK IN MAY 2003!