Successful cycle after taking a month to complete secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seryner

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I know the topic of secondary turnaround time has been beaten to death but I'm just wondering if it's common for applicants (and not the "all-star" ones) to have a successful cycle (multiple IIs and acceptances) after taking a month to submit the secondary after receiving it?

I'm an incredibly slow writer and kind of feel like I screwed myself by submitting my primary early (couldn't prewrite due to personal issues that I admittedly should have dealt with better) Seems like it's better to submit 8/5 with a 1-week turnaround than to submit 7/31 with a one-month turnaround. Is it possible for me to have a successful cycle still?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I barely care enough to comment in it. Its done, stop worrying

Mainly wondering if I should just delay until next cycle to maximize my chances for T20

Members don't see this ad :)
Mainly wondering if I should just delay until next cycle to maximize my chances for T20
If you ain’t first, you’re last. GG OP, see you in the 2020 cycle.

On a serious note, you are fine.

You are willing to give up a year of your life and a year of attending salary for a chance at a top 20? Think about that opportunity cost.

You are willing to give up a year of your life and a year of attending salary for a chance at a top 20? Think about that opportunity cost.

Valid point. God when did I become that premed lol. Probably psyching myself out too much

Valid point. God when did I become that premed lol. Probably psyching myself out too much

If you would give up $200-600K+ for a chance at a top 20 school, then yeah, you are that premed ;) No worries, we have all been there. Deep breath. Relax. Make sure your secondaries are polished and proofread, then submit by Labor Day.

If you would give up $200-600K+ for a chance at a top 20 school, then yeah, you are that premed ;) No worries, we have all been there. Deep breath. Relax. Make sure your secondaries are polished and proofread, then submit by Labor Day.

Being surrounded by people who are all at the top of their game and done w secondaries does not bode well for my sanity! Good to have reminders like this to ground me, thanks :)

Reactions: 1 user