Successfull Applicant Stats c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psilovethomas

...so now what?
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am so excited to know that I have secured a spot in the c/o 2016. In order to matriculate, I must finish my prerequisites, finish my BS, and keep at least a 3.2. For more info on MSU's Veterinary Scholars Admission Pathway: http://cvm.msu.edu/student-information/dvm-program-admissions/veterinary-scholars-admission-pathway
Most of my awards and honors were from high school because I graduated in the class of 2009. I came to MSU with 23 AP credits and took 4 at a community college, totaling to 27, which put me at sophmore status when I enrolled last fall. Therefore, I am graduating with a BS in 3 years and only had 34 credits that counted toward my GPA when I applied (AP credits don't count towards GPA).

Woot!:D

Wow! Congratulations on getting in so quickly and being the first official SDN accepted student! Good luck at MSU!

Since I started the official acceptances thread, I'll get this one started as well.
Although I am a member of the c/o 2016 through early admit, I think my stats apply to the c/o 2015 since I applied during the same application cycle.
Here it goes!

First time applicant, 19 years old, Female, Virginia resident.
Applied: Michigan State
Apps withdrawn: none
Still waiting: none
Interview: none
Accepted: Michigan State c/o 2016!

Cum GPA @ time of application: 3.69
Last 45 credit hrs: 3.69
Science GPA @ time of application: 3.58
GRE: 1200. 720q, 480v, 4.5 AW

Veterinary Experience:
-4 years as an assistant at a small animal hospital
-50 hours shadowing a LA vet

Animal Experience:
-100 hours fostering a hit and run stray
-20 hours working with and showing a beef heifer
-APVMA symposium wetlabs
-animal science lab TA

Extracurricular/Community Activities:
-National Honor Society in HS
-Science National Honor Society in HS
-MSU's Preveterinary Medical Association member
-Fundraisers through PVMA- dogwashes
-Volunteer at a therapeutic riding program
-Dog fostering
-Planned and hosted a fund raising event to pay for my foster dog's surgeries. Raised over $1,000.

eLORS:
2 vets from the SA hospital I've worked at for 4 years
My academic advisor who also taught one of the courses I took last semester

Awards and Honors:
Member of Michigan State U's Honors College
Honor's College scholarship
High school valedictorian
Other various awards from high school including VA state science and engineering fair, top German student, top science student, etc.

I am so excited to know that I have secured a spot in the c/o 2016. In order to matriculate, I must finish my prerequisites, finish my BS, and keep at least a 3.2. For more info on MSU's Veterinary Scholars Admission Pathway: http://cvm.msu.edu/student-information/dvm-program-admissions/veterinary-scholars-admission-pathway
Most of my awards and honors were from high school because I graduated in the class of 2009. I came to MSU with 23 AP credits and took 4 at a community college, totaling to 27, which put me at sophmore status when I enrolled last fall. Therefore, I am graduating with a BS in 3 years and only had 34 credits that counted toward my GPA when I applied (AP credits don't count towards GPA).

Woot!:D
Congrats. Good thing you aren't starting this year, give you some time to get to the drinking age:laugh:, a key qualification for grad school.

Members don't see this ad :)
YAY!!! congrats!! YIPPEEE!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!! :) :):)

Congrats! That's so amazing! I'm jealous that you already know where you're going and can relax (a little) between now and then:D

To distract myself from checking my e-mail and various staus pages a million times a day, I'm stalking SDN....has anyone else who has been accepted be willing to share their stats?

Pssst... there is a typo in the title. :)

Pssst... there is a typo in the title. :)
Yes, and I made a note of it in TT's class of 2015 thread. I will probably remake this thread since I don't have the ability to edit thread titles.

I dunno if a moderator could fix it or not...

Also, I dunno about how things will go this year, but generally people don't post their stats until they have answers back from all the schools. It's kinda bad juju otherwise, or something. :hungover: So I wouldn't expect a lot of activity here until February, March, or April.

New thread made with edited title. Please don't respond to this thread, but to the "successful applicant stats c/o 2015" thread.

Psilovethomas, you're a bad bad horrible overachiever! :laugh: But congrats for getting accepted early! :claps: If I'd had that kind of drive at 19, I'd be graduated and starting into practice right now. ><

Psilovethomas, you're a bad bad horrible overachiever! :laugh: But congrats for getting accepted early! :claps: If I'd had that kind of drive at 19, I'd be graduated and starting into practice right now. ><
I don't think I am an overachiever. I know that veterinary medicine is what I want to do after undergrad, so I secured my spot as early as possible so I didn't have to fret my junior and senior years. :)