sucks to be a resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mosdef

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hate doing all my applications while having to still mail out greencard copies to every damn school. I swear can't they just accept the fact I'm a resident and check once I get in. Sorry guys just trying to vent my frustration with this entire process

Members don't see this ad.

I agree...but at least it means I don't have to be considered an international applicant...that would make the process harder...

mosdef said:
I hate doing all my applications while having to still mail out greencard copies to every damn school. I swear can't they just accept the fact I'm a resident and check once I get in. Sorry guys just trying to vent my frustration with this entire process

HEY,

Do you have ANY idea how LUCKY you are that you have a green card AT ALL? You should be in my shoes and be accepted to med school with no way to pay for it and be forced to take out loans with a co-signer. AND to also be outright denied admission at other schools just because you're not a
"permanent resident or citizen". If I were you I would be glad that I HAD a green card to copy and not have to worry about immigration beaurocracy!

keedz said:
HEY,

Do you have ANY idea how LUCKY you are that you have a green card AT ALL? You should be in my shoes and be accepted to med school with no way to pay for it and be forced to take out loans with a co-signer. AND to also be outright denied admission at other schools just because you're not a
"permanent resident or citizen". If I were you I would be glad that I HAD a green card to copy and not have to worry about immigration beaurocracy!

I second this quite sincerely. All you have to do is PHOTOCOPY A PIECE OF PAPER! Do you know how long (years) and how tedoius (feels like hundreds of forms) and costly (lawyers) just getting a green card is?