OoPredentoO

2+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2015
Hey SDN,

I'm stuck between a few clubs at my university.

1) Pre-Health: a club for students pursuing MD/PA/DS. Concentrates on the process of ones application and networking.

2) Health Science: basically for anyone pursuing a career in healthcare. They seem to concentrate more on EC activities like community service and such.

3) Biology club & Chemistry club: your typical science clubs. Hosting lectures, field trips and service projects.

Little more depth...

Option 1 seems like what the typical pre-health student gets involved in. I wasn't sure about the club though. I spoke to the president (pursuing dental) and it seems like a bunch of lectures on the application process. Isn't that what SDN is for? Heh. Though the whole "networking" aspect and making connections catches my attention.

Option 2 I haven't had a chance to talk to yet. Brief description, "The purpose of this organization is to provide students considering the Health Sciences field a foundation where they can come together and further pursue their interest. Students will have the opportunity to gain experiences in their desired field through volunteering projects, fundraising opportunities, and hearing from those who have been in their shoes."

Option 3 is pretty self explanatory. It doesn't seem like a bad idea surrounding myself with those passionate about natural sciences.

Yeah, second thread tonight ;)

okiedokeartichoke

2+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2015
Status
Dental Student
If the Health Science club is active by doing these EC activities decently often (weekly/monthly), then I would go for that because it sounds enjoyable, and you can also gain volunteering hours by joining :thumbup:

Though, why only join one and not two or all?

Reactions: OoPredentoO
Feb 21, 2014
Status
Dental Student
All of them! Or the ones you enjoy attending more. And add some special interest clubs. Don't limit yourself to just health and science related clubs. Dental schools want someone with a life outside academia

Incis0r

I LOVE Dental School
5+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2014
Alterac Valley
Hey SDN,

I'm stuck between a few clubs at my university.

1) Pre-Health: a club for students pursuing MD/PA/DS. Concentrates on the process of ones application and networking.

2) Health Science: basically for anyone pursuing a career in healthcare. They seem to concentrate more on EC activities like community service and such.

3) Biology club & Chemistry club: your typical science clubs. Hosting lectures, field trips and service projects.

Little more depth...

Option 1 seems like what the typical pre-health student gets involved in. I wasn't sure about the club though. I spoke to the president (pursuing dental) and it seems like a bunch of lectures on the application process. Isn't that what SDN is for? Heh. Though the whole "networking" aspect and making connections catches my attention.

Option 2 I haven't had a chance to talk to yet. Brief description, "The purpose of this organization is to provide students considering the Health Sciences field a foundation where they can come together and further pursue their interest. Students will have the opportunity to gain experiences in their desired field through volunteering projects, fundraising opportunities, and hearing from those who have been in their shoes."

Option 3 is pretty self explanatory. It doesn't seem like a bad idea surrounding myself with those passionate about natural sciences.

Yeah, second thread tonight ;)
#1- You don't need. You have SDN.
#2- Sounds good. but make sure you get a decent amount of hours from it/it is active.
#3- Meh- if you like it, do it.