• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

ColumbiaPsych

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2002
Status (Visible)
What is the best way to approach biochemistry/cell bio/molecular bio for the USMLE? My test is in 3 weeks and what is the most high yield thing I can do so I do not completely mess up that section of the test.

nasdr

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2003
Status (Visible)
personally, i've gone through and like the kaplan biochemistry notes. since you have 3 weeks, you'd have plenty of time to go through this resource, if you can get your hands on it. i haven't done the HY biochem/HY cell-molecular books, but it seems like others like these sources. maybe someone who's taken the exam can shed some light as well.

C

CaptainZero

nasdr said:
personally, i've gone through and like the kaplan biochemistry notes. since you have 3 weeks, you'd have plenty of time to go through this resource, if you can get your hands on it. i haven't done the HY biochem/HY cell-molecular books, but it seems like others like these sources. maybe someone who's taken the exam can shed some light as well.
Rapid review biochem, HY cell & molec...should take you a week and a half to get through both.

purplefish said:
Is Kaplan Genetics + FA enough for genetics?

That's all I used for my exam and found it to cover most of what came up. I remember my very last question being something I had to draw a Punnett square for, the rest was just basic concepts.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.