suggestions for biochem.cell.molecular?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ColumbiaPsych

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the best way to approach biochemistry/cell bio/molecular bio for the USMLE? My test is in 3 weeks and what is the most high yield thing I can do so I do not completely mess up that section of the test.

Members don't see this ad.

personally, i've gone through and like the kaplan biochemistry notes. since you have 3 weeks, you'd have plenty of time to go through this resource, if you can get your hands on it. i haven't done the HY biochem/HY cell-molecular books, but it seems like others like these sources. maybe someone who's taken the exam can shed some light as well.

nasdr said:
personally, i've gone through and like the kaplan biochemistry notes. since you have 3 weeks, you'd have plenty of time to go through this resource, if you can get your hands on it. i haven't done the HY biochem/HY cell-molecular books, but it seems like others like these sources. maybe someone who's taken the exam can shed some light as well.
Rapid review biochem, HY cell & molec...should take you a week and a half to get through both.

purplefish said:
Is Kaplan Genetics + FA enough for genetics?

That's all I used for my exam and found it to cover most of what came up. I remember my very last question being something I had to draw a Punnett square for, the rest was just basic concepts.