1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for FP term in CA or AZ??

Discussion in 'Family Medicine' started by miler, Jul 31, 2006.

1. miler

miler Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi, I'm going to be doing a month of FP in January, and was wondering if I could get some suggestions about places that you would recommend in either of these two states. I'm especially interested in San Diego, LA, and Tucson....
    Thanks for any suggestions, also, what was it that you liked about the program you are suggesting? And do you know if they will take an IMG?
    (I'm a US resident, from an Australian school..)

Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. miler

miler Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Someone on this forum must have been involved in a FP program in either of these two states????

4. Blue Dog

Blue Dog Fides et ratio.
    Physician Gold Donor SDN Advisor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm on the East Coast, sorry! :(

5. Derek

10+ Year Member

The Tucson program at U of A has a good reputation. There is good bread & butter medicine in this program. All the graduates I have met are above average in knowledge and clinical skills.

I am a graduate of Mayo Clinic Scottsdale and believe it along with Good Sam are the two best programs in Phoenix. Mayo has more of an adult medicine and geriatric focus, while Good Sam has more of a county program feel to it although it is not a county program.