SUggestions for Last 2 week review plz.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

navneetdh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok So I panicked last week and moved my date further by 1 week. Now I fee I really didnt need to do that. I feel because i see 2 week in-front of me I am beginning to procrastinate. And I seriously hope I do not forget all the memorized things :scared:
I would really like it if you can give me some ideas as to how should I tackle my studying in the last days instead of just randomly jumping from book to another because I feel I am not getting a lot done.

Bio: I have gone over everything and its just review my notes. I have however not completely gone over Cliffs bio but I ordered teh flash cards and I am waiting for them instead of reading long pages. I feel I understand the main processes quite well and it is just about preparing for the random questions and terminology. Done destroyer 2 times

Chem: DOne destroyer 1 time. Plus half of it the second time. Chads videos.
any key things that may come to your mind I should definitely have checked for the chem check list?

Ochem: Destroyer about 2 times. Kaplan MCAT Ochem book. I have all my reactions written as notes, notecards and afcourse the roadmaps which i practice regularly. I have a few concepts as notecards too such as SN1 Sn2 E1 E2

Math: destroyer 1 time, and my notes with formulas.

PAT: CDP 1 2 3 4 5 7 8

I have been doing practice tests

top score 1 2

I feel Ochem is a subject where there is a possibility of scoring really really high and also Gchem. Any tips on how I should be reviewing so I can reach that level?

Thanks a lot :) I really appreciate all your inputs

Members don't see this ad.

you are more than prepared
just need to build that confidence now!
good luck!
i also write in around 2 weeks, when's your date?

I have two weeks left too (Aug 14)...I've been "studying" for almost two months now (couple hours a day), but its only been the past week or so that I have been buckling down and sitting in my room at my desk for 6 or more hours a day.

In these last 2 weeks, I'm finishing up Cliffs, doing a CDP test everyday/every other day, finishing up Destroyer, and doing a couple practice tests the last few days before. I have a lot to get done because of my previous procrastination, but I think I can manage! Good luck to you :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
you are more than prepared
just need to build that confidence now!
good luck!
i also write in around 2 weeks, when's your date?
hey,

we're taking it on the same day right? except that you're probably taking it in Canada? what time is your appointment? anyway, how are you gonna go over the stuff for the next couple of weeks?

I have two weeks left too (Aug 14)...I've been "studying" for almost two months now (couple hours a day), but its only been the past week or so that I have been buckling down and sitting in my room at my desk for 6 or more hours a day.

In these last 2 weeks, I'm finishing up Cliffs, doing a CDP test everyday/every other day, finishing up Destroyer, and doing a couple practice tests the last few days before. I have a lot to get done because of my previous procrastination, but I think I can manage! Good luck to you :thumbup:

Thank You!! good luck to You as well :D

Doing CDP regularly is awesome. I should do that!!

hey!
im taking it august 17th.
just review and practice questions now i believe...i think we are in good shape...my only worry is that i haven't attempted topscore yet. I'm saving those three test for exactly two weeks before
how's your studying coming along??

hey,

we're taking it on the same day right? except that you're probably taking it in Canada? what time is your appointment? anyway, how are you gonna go over the stuff for the next couple of weeks?

I am not in canada lol :laugh::laugh:
I am in California ha ah .

Thats the thing now that I have covered most of my material about 1 1/2 times I am finding myself getting into procrastination mode. Which is the worst thing as you get close to exam :(

Ok ...I want to do the chem destroyer again for both o chem and g-chem. Maybe if I can push myself then go over math destroyer.

I have bio destroyer question (the ones that were hard for me) on note cards. I think I must have about 1500 bio note cards at this point of not more and I am waiting for cliffs ap bio ones (1000 more :eek:) So I really plan to go over them again and again

Take my top score and achiever tests. But I am not sure if am really ready to start reviewing or should I still be finding hard concepts and learning them

oh i almost forgot do the 5 cliffs ap bio tests ...this sucks!!!! :(
What are you doing?

hey!
im taking it august 17th.
just review and practice questions now i believe...i think we are in good shape...my only worry is that i haven't attempted topscore yet. I'm saving those three test for exactly two weeks before
how's your studying coming along??

my studying feels all over the place. I dont feel like i can say with confidence "ok this section is 100% prepared lets move to next"
There are sooooooo many little nitty gritty annoying things in every section.

O and PAT...:idea::scared: I have been doing CDP but can break 20. This is annoying

My test is Aug 7th and I have done:

Destroyer Bio: working on the 3rd time today
Destroyer GenChem: 4 times
Dest Ochem: 2 times

Cliffs AP Bio: 1
Barron's AP Bio 1
Most of Kaplan BB: 1

25 CDM test and have repeated some of them
All 10 CDP test and have repeated test 1,2,3

I have also read various other textbooks for certain details

Topscore test 1 and 2

My test is Aug 7th and I have done:

Destroyer Bio: working on the 3rd time today
Destroyer GenChem: 4 times
Dest Ochem: 2 times

Cliffs AP Bio: 1
Barron's AP Bio 1
Most of Kaplan BB: 1

25 CDM test and have repeated some of them
All 10 CDP test and have repeated test 1,2,3

I have also read various other textbooks for certain details

Topscore test 1 and 2

wow your prep is Super!!:thumbup:

Here is what I'm using...

Destroyer (?!)
CDR (don't buy it, bad!!!)
CDP (good, although I found some errors)
Kaplan subjects tests (GC and OC are good, Bio is bad!)
Kaplan SAT Math (really good)
5 steps to 5 AP Bio (really good)

How many solid hours do you dedicate to the DAT on a daily basis?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
wow your prep is Super!!:thumbup:

So you think it is sufficient? I am just getting worn down with the material, just tired of looking at it. The only thing I am a bit nervous about is math, I feel like everything else will go alright.

I started studying at least 8-10 hrs a day, now I am probably around 6-8hrs a day. I think I am really going to take it easy next week. I have been studying since the end of may.

So you think it is sufficient? I am just getting worn down with the material, just tired of looking at it. The only thing I am a bit nervous about is math, I feel like everything else will go alright.

I started studying at least 8-10 hrs a day, now I am probably around 6-8hrs a day. I think I am really going to take it easy next week. I have been studying since the end of may.

yeah I think your prep is super. My goal is to be where you are at right now before the test.

You can probably do the topscore test 3 and achiever tests for extra practice now.

I study avg 6 hours a day when I work. And 8-10 when i don't work

And I am getting sick of these books too. I am ready to throw them all in a box and lock it and flush away the key!!

I hope I can put mine in one BIG box and sell it on ebay. It will make me happy because I will get money but more importantly NEVER have to see it again!

ok just got done going over the g-chem destroyer 2nd time

I am going to go to bed with ~200 bio notecards. Arrgh. Bio never seems to be done.

Doing the PAT test number 9 tomorrow. Can someone tell me why I cant break a freaking 20....on the PAT.

I hate pattern folding questions and the angles.

Any suggestions before I start test 9 tomorrow would be awesome.

I am going to go to bed with ~200 bio notecards. Arrgh. Bio never seems to be done.

Doing the PAT test number 9 tomorrow. Can someone tell me why I cant break a freaking 20....on the PAT.

Haha I feel the same way- I have done 4 CDP tests so far and gotten the same score on every one of them...the angles are really tough, I mean its ridiculous- the majority of them only differ by 3 degrees :mad:

the magic will occur if you do it the second time around.. trust me on this

after doing it second time, you will always get a score above 20 on every single PAT test

so before start doing test 9, try to redo the test 1 - 8 and you will see the MAGIC! :cool:

during my last 2 weeks leading up to the test i just did practice question after practice question until i thought i was going to die if i did another one. i had a notebook and if i missed a question, i put the number down in the notebook. then a few days before the test, i went through the notebook and re-answered all the questions i got wrong to see if i remembered why i got them wrong. hope this helps, good luck!

My first score with CDP was 17 :( , I then began scoring better and when I finished I was scoring 21-23. I hope this is good enough for the real thing. I plan to do a topscore test and one CDP test everyday before the exam excluding the day before. The day before the exam I plan to have a nice cold beer and relax.

the magic will occur if you do it the second time around.. trust me on this

after doing it second time, you will always get a score above 20 on every single PAT test

so before start doing test 9, try to redo the test 1 - 8 and you will see the MAGIC! :cool:

But that score be reflective of how I will do in the DAT at all???? I mean i would definitely remember quite a few key holes and maybe TFE and pattern folding answers I chose.
I feel the second time practice is a very good idea but when people post scores of 20-25 and get something in that range, that happens only coz those were their first scores right??:confused:
DAT will have brand new questions.

I would love it if you would say nooooo you are wrong the second time scores are true reflection of DAt result....but i have a feeling you wont :(

during my last 2 weeks leading up to the test i just did practice question after practice question until i thought i was going to die if i did another one. i had a notebook and if i missed a question, i put the number down in the notebook. then a few days before the test, i went through the notebook and re-answered all the questions i got wrong to see if i remembered why i got them wrong. hope this helps, good luck!

I think that is a great idea. I am trying to do something of the sort here. I have all the questions in bio destroyer that i couldnt get right, written on note cards and I plan to go over them again n again until D-day

I circled the tough ones in the chem in the destroyer and I will try them on my 3rd time through the destroyer.

O chem I copied someone's idea and photocopied the roadmaps with the products all white-outed. I plan to do them over n over. I highlighted a lot in the o-chem destroyer solutions so i plan to review those.

Rest I hope I can do this but ideal for me would be to do all CDP 2 times.
All topscore 2 times and all achiever 2 times.

So I will see how far I get with this crazy mission:laugh::(

Can someone tell me their typical schedule for the day for studying. I feel everyone here says they go into top gear for the last 2 weeks. I feel my gear is stuck somewhere between 2-3 :mad:
Maybe if I hear how hard some of you are working I will be like:eek: and tell my stupid brain to just shut up...and work hard....afterall no one died of studying too hard right!! :rolleyes:

Ok so I am going to put my lazy schedule up for criticism and I know that will embarrass me and make me work harder.
I wake up around 10:30am :)o) and start studying around 11am
stop around 2 pm-ish for lunch and break
Back on clock at 4pm
stop around 7 or 8 pm for dinner
back to books around 10pm
go to bed sometimes around 1am or latest by 2am

Oh I do take small 2-3 min breaks randomly here n there for SDN lol....grabbing a snack etc

That is pretty much what I do when I don't have work. When I work I cant study after 2pm all the way until 10-ish. I try to hit the books at 10pm again.

Can someone tell me their typical schedule for the day for studying. I feel everyone here says they go into top gear for the last 2 weeks. I feel my gear is stuck somewhere between 2-3 :mad:
Maybe if I hear how hard some of you are working I will be like:eek: and tell my stupid brain to just shut up...and work hard....afterall no one died of studying too hard right!! :rolleyes:

Ok so I am going to put my lazy schedule up for criticism and I know that will embarrass me and make me work harder.
I wake up around 10:30am :)o) and start studying around 11am
stop around 2 pm-ish for lunch and break
Back on clock at 4pm
stop around 7 or 8 pm for dinner
back to books around 10pm
go to bed sometimes around 1am or latest by 2am

Oh I do take small 2-3 min breaks randomly here n there for SDN lol....grabbing a snack etc

That is pretty much what I do when I don't have work. When I work I cant study after 2pm all the way until 10-ish. I try to hit the books at 10pm again.

So that's what, at least 8 hours a day? I think that is MORE than enough...I do like 6 hours in a day and I am SO proud of myself and feel like I've accomplished so much lol...after that point, my brain starts going numb and I don't retain anything I read.

So that's what, at least 8 hours a day? I think that is MORE than enough...I do like 6 hours in a day and I am SO proud of myself and feel like I've accomplished so much lol...after that point, my brain starts going numb and I don't retain anything I read.

Thank You Thank You ..you are far too kind lol:laugh:

No but seriously I know I sit down for that long but my productivity level is probably between 5-6 hrs. My brain starts going numb too thats why I take such long breaks.

What time is your test? It might also be a good idea, if you still have some practice tests, to start training your body/mind to the dat schedule. If you're scheduled for 8am, try to start waking up at 7 and begin studying at 8, and take your practice exams at that time.

What time is your test? It might also be a good idea, if you still have some practice tests, to start training your body/mind to the dat schedule. If you're scheduled for 8am, try to start waking up at 7 and begin studying at 8, and take your practice exams at that time.

I scheduled at 12:30pm lol

I know I am not a morning person. Last time I took it at the crack of dawn. Not making the same mistake again. :p

<===== 18 hours per day

SERIOUSLY???:eek:

wow I am guessing the other 6 hours you are not studying coz you are sleeping. That is insane....wow!! Props to you:thumbup:

Does anyone agree with me that the more you study bio...the more new stuff you come across. It just seems like a never ending cycle. There are topic then there are details then there are details for each details and details for the details of the details. :mad::shrug:

does anyone know a good link for nomenclature quick review or like a pdf file or something with a quick table for nomenclature with all functional groups?

SERIOUSLY???:eek:

wow I am guessing the other 6 hours you are not studying coz you are sleeping. That is insane....wow!! Props to you:thumbup:

Does anyone agree with me that the more you study bio...the more new stuff you come across. It just seems like a never ending cycle. There are topic then there are details then there are details for each details and details for the details of the details. :mad::shrug:

does anyone know a good link for nomenclature quick review or like a pdf file or something with a quick table for nomenclature with all functional groups?

This site was a great help throughout my organic classes, and I am glad I bookmarked it...its really good!

http://depts.uwc.edu/chemistry/helpful_files/nomenclature.pdf

I just did the CDP 9.

Why why why why cant I see the difference between the angles. My angles are soo terrible. :( I feel I am gonna cry. :( WHat am I suppose to do?? How can I fix this?

Here is how I did on the rest of the test.
Key: 13
TFE: 10:confused:
angles: 9:(:(:(
hole: 15
cube: 15
pattern: 13

Is it just me or the TFE on this test was very hard. I usually do really well on TFE. I was shocked with a 10.

i dont my tricks may help you in angle viewing or not... here's mine...

i push the screen a bit far and tilt my head to 90 degree... and also you can push a your chair a bit back and look from slightly far away.... (dont do it too obvious during the test....) or else you will be considered cheating...

i did couple times and really improved... so, i will keep doing it the same way...

you can try... ;)

Good luck to you guys, make sure you relax and take it easy on the last 1-2 days.

i push the screen a bit far and tilt my head to 90 degree... and also you can push a your chair a bit back and look from slightly far away.... (dont do it too obvious during the test....) or else you will be considered cheating...

i did couple times and really improved... so, i will keep doing it the same way...

you can try... ;)

Thanks! :) I will take CDP 10 today and try the 90 degree head tilt. I will let you know how I do. About pushing back the screen...can you do that in the test center?

you can try... ;)

OMG OMG....i tried i tried i tried this!! lol Yayyy it word. first time ever I got a 14 on my angles. I was like wtf!!!

I will keep trying it for the other tests and see if i consistently do well. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Thank you:D

About 9 days left!!! :scared:
I still feel unsure. I am currently doing the cliffs ap bio test 2. Honestly i thought it would be EASy....ummmm i guess not!

I still has TS 3 and all achiever tests to go. Plus I have planned to do ADA full test and Kaplan test 1.

How are you guys doing?

hi, are you guys reading the lab section of the ap cliffs bio book?

here is a little nomenclature tutorial i found yesterday that is pretty helpful: http://chemistry.boisestate.edu/people/richardbanks/organic/nomenclature/organicnomenclature1.htm

i have two weeks left until my exam also and i feel like i know a little bit about everything, but nothing is solidified. going back to the basics sounds like a good idea. i got good grades in gchem and ochem when i took those classes, but now i just get frazzled when i do the problems!!! good luck to everyone!

I don't think my brain works after 9PM, does it happen to you guys? What time do you guys usually get up in the morning for the past 2 weeks?

As for the online ADA test, if you get 20s across, does that mean you're ready for the real deal?

Last edited:
I don't think my brain works after 9PM, does it happen to you guys? What time do you guys usually get up in the morning for the past 2 weeks?

As for the online ADA test, if you get 20s across, does that mean you're ready for the real deal?

So I have been sleeping late and getting up late--around 10 ish or 10:30 ish.

I feel you about the brain being stuck after 9 pm. I tried something that worked for me----i usually do review etc all boring stuff in the day time---I take a good break at night for dinner and all, watch some TV, and then I sit down to take a PAT test. Its just hard to get to telling yourself to start it but when it is on--timed--its awesome. I feel so good after it because I feel I actually got some serious practice done too. ALso keep things like--review videos---chk the helpful vids links-----and other more interactive stuff for night.
I am re-taking the CDP 2 tonight:)