suggestions for letter to turn down school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sonigee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys..what should one put in a letter when turning down a schools offer? should i just be brief and say that i will not be attending *** university in 2002-2003? just curious

Members don't see this ad.

i would say "i will not be attending your dental school, instead I will be attending XYZ college of dentistry" that way they are happy you found a dental school of your choice, and they know you haven't degraded yourself and are going to a medical school.

Is it too late to write a letter if my deposits for these schools where due over months ago? ekk... :(
some school already sent me notice saying they're taking away my acceptance cause I didn't pay the deposit... :(
whoops didn't know we were suppose to write nice letters telling them we weren't going to their school.

I sent in deposits to two schools and when I decided on one school I sent a letter to the other school letting them know I decided to go somewhere else and thank you for the acceptance and all that. I didn't write letters to the other schools that I got accepted into, I just assummed that not sending in the deposit by the mentioned date would be fine, probably should have written letters but at that point I was tired of sending things to schools. Oh well