Suggestions for NAPLEX and MPJE study materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wey

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
First, a little about myself. I got my FPGEC in Aug, 2010. Just recently found a place for internship so I just registered for NAPLEX and MPJE and am waiting for ATT to schedule the exams.

So, now I am looking for study materials and will really appreciate any suggestions.

I already have Comprehensive Pharmacy Review when I prep for FPGEE. I read thru some threads and thinking of getting ONE of the following: (don't want to overwhelm myself with too many books)
1. Apha Complete Review for Pharmacy (many used this that has good and bad reviews)
2. RxPrep's 2011 Course Book for NAPLEX® Pharmacist Licensure Exam (super expensive, but seems to be very good book)
3. Pharmprep: Ashp's Naplex Review 4th Edition (Ginsburg, ASHP'S PharmPrep)

For Texas MPJE, I am going to get The Guide to Texas and Federal Pharmacy and Drug Law by Brinkley and Cacciatore (it took me a while to figure out this is the 59p Kaplan Review ppl been talking about online) and deciding between:
1. Texas Pharmacy Laws and Regulations
2. Guide to Federal Pharmacy Law

Thx in advance for any tips and suggestions!! ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,
First, a little about myself. I got my FPGEC in Aug, 2010. Just recently found a place for internship so I just registered for NAPLEX and MPJE and am waiting for ATT to schedule the exams.

So, now I am looking for study materials and will really appreciate any suggestions.

I already have Comprehensive Pharmacy Review when I prep for FPGEE. I read thru some threads and thinking of getting ONE of the following: (don't want to overwhelm myself with too many books)
1. Apha Complete Review for Pharmacy (many used this that has good and bad reviews)
2. RxPrep's 2011 Course Book for NAPLEX® Pharmacist Licensure Exam (super expensive, but seems to be very good book)
3. Pharmprep: Ashp's Naplex Review 4th Edition (Ginsburg, ASHP'S PharmPrep)

For Texas MPJE, I am going to get The Guide to Texas and Federal Pharmacy and Drug Law by Brinkley and Cacciatore (it took me a while to figure out this is the 59p Kaplan Review ppl been talking about online) and deciding between:
1. Texas Pharmacy Laws and Regulations
2. Guide to Federal Pharmacy Law

Thx in advance for any tips and suggestions!! ;)
From your list above, rxprep is #1 choice for you.

Thx! Looks like most ppl really like RxPrep! (It is really expensive, tho)
Also true for the Guide to Texas and Federal Pharmacy and Drug Law/59p Kaplan Review..

I bought the law book from texas on amazon. It was a close one too. I was just about to buy one on the rx-perts website but it turns out they are being sold cheaper online. THE EXACT SAME BOOK! check it out on amazon. Search for "The Guide to Texas and Federal Pharmacy and Drug Law" there's actually about 5 or 6 left still on sale since yesterday when I bought one for only $135!!! Instead of the rip-off $160 on the website. =) you're welcome!

BTW: this is the eight edition 2012 version too!!!!!! Good luck to us no?

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, I have been trying to find a cheaper version...waiting for att at the moment

Sent from my HTC Evo View 4G using Tapatalk!