1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for new pre-med/med student website

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Chris_P, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Chris_P

Chris_P Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi,

I'm making a new website for pre-meds and med students.

Currently have a discussion forum, a second hand book exchange system, book reviews and links to other pre-med and med student resources.

If anyone has any ideas about sections students would find useful, let me know and I'll see if I can add them. Anything not covered by sites like this one, the princeton review, etc?

You can see the Beta version of the site at www.medstudentcafe.com - no fancy graphics yet, but the shell is there.

Thanks,

Chris

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. agent

agent agent, RN
    7+ Year Member

the key is to get ppl there first. your community will dictate what you need.

4. Chris_P

Chris_P Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks - I'm working on getting people to the site - just signed up to some webrings...

I've set up a download section for PDA apps which people might find useful. I'll add as many apps as I can find over the next few days.

Any other suggestions anyone?

Thanks

Chris

5. delayofgame

delayofgame Membership Revoked
    Removed

Alcoholic Premeds Anonymous.

6. futrfysician

futrfysician Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

A lot of what you seek is found already at Oldpremeds.net.

Perhaps a look thru that will help you.

7. agent

agent agent, RN
    7+ Year Member

agreed.

8. Chris_P

Chris_P Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks for the link- I've added it to the www.medstudentcafe.com links page.

Looking for ideas about services that people would like that are not covered by other sites like oldpremeds.net.

If anyone would like a forum set up to cater for a specific group let me know - I can make it private for members of a certain group only if needs be.

Chris

9. Chris_P

Chris_P Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi everyone!

I've overhauled www.medstudentcafe.com . Thanks to everyone who has signed up. If anyone's got any suggestions for improvements let me know.

I've tried to include as many links as possible grouped under medical specialty. If anyone has any good sites that aren't included let me know.

The book coop is gone for the moment but may return if I can find a decent script that works.

A few people said the colour scheme on the original site was difficult to read. Is this scheme any better?

How is the navigation? Does anyone get lost around the site. I've tried to keep it as simple as possible.

Thanks again for all the great feedback :)

Chris

10. Mutterkuchen

Mutterkuchen Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

I don't see how this is different than SDN. I'm staying here with my 17,000 registered users.