1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Suggestions for senior year classes, help me!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Mr. H, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Mr. H

7+ Year Member

Hey everyone, I'm trying to decide what classes to take my senior year. Is there anything I absolutely need to take before medical school? The reason I'm asking is that I don't my last two years here to be simply repeated in medical school. Iknow the first two years is all science, science, and more science. Should I just take some cool classes that are way out of my major? Like some lit classes, philosophy, political science, etc...? Science is great, but I'm wondering if its just better to save it all for med school.
    peace
    Hanny

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dr. Kermit

Dr. Kermit Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

From what I understand, any class that you could take to prep you for med school will be covered in the first week or so! During my senior year, I took an advanced chem class required for graduation, PChem II lab, and a graduate toxicology course my professor was teaching and wanted me to take. The last was a lot of molecular bio revisited, but it wasn't terribly hard, just boring. Other than that, I did research for credit, took a stats class, took French and Spanish, and a bunch of humanities classes. I had a great time, all afternoon classes, no class on Thursdays and Fridays! Also, remember that you'll be on interviews and luckily, I waited to apply, so my GPA didn't drop. However, I had a friend who had a 3.99 and he did all of his interviewing in a month. He only applied to 6 schools, but he ended up getting a 3.5 that semester and nearly cried!

4. Trek

Trek Grand Uranium Member
    7+ Year Member

Take cool stuff but bear in mind you'll be travelling to interviews. Try to keep two days a week free for that- plus catch up time when you get home. I got lucky- MWF free for my 1st semester :) --Trek

5. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Take whatever you need to finish your major. MAKE VERY SURE YOU HAVE ALL YOU NEED TO GRADUATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said that it bold letters cause a friend of mine was set to graduate last year and then found out he was lacking a math class. He ended up taking it in the summer after the graduation time.

If you are just filling out extra credit credits, then take whatever you want. Let it be a non-stressful year. And as already mentioned, you will need to have time off to interview, at least you hope that you will have lots of interviews.

Have fun and don't stress, Stress time comes later!!!!!!!!! :p :p