Suggestions for study schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

killergiant34

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, Im planning to take the MCAT next fall/end of summer, and I want to start studying now. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good schedule for long-term studying. I feel comfortable with bio, orgo,and physics, but I know I have a lot of work to do for chem and the verbal section, so how do u guys think I should approach them? For chem, I was thinking of watching videos like khan academy, and basically re-learning all of it. Do u guys think videos, like the khan academy videos, are too easy and simple, or would they be good? As for the verbal, I plan to do at least 1-2 passages a day and read as much as possible. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

There's already a lot of good information on this topic. Just do a quick search and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

Hey guys, Im planning to take the MCAT next fall/end of summer, and I want to start studying now. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good schedule for long-term studying. I feel comfortable with bio, orgo,and physics, but I know I have a lot of work to do for chem and the verbal section, so how do u guys think I should approach them? For chem, I was thinking of watching videos like khan academy, and basically re-learning all of it. Do u guys think videos, like the khan academy videos, are too easy and simple, or would they be good? As for the verbal, I plan to do at least 1-2 passages a day and read as much as possible. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

do not start willy nilly studying a year before your test, it will be worthless. start studying no more than 12 weeks before your test and get QUALITY, HIGH YIELD studying in every day for multiple hours, taking practice tests on the weekends.

starting to study now is a big mistake IMO

do not start willy nilly studying a year before your test, it will be worthless. start studying no more than 12 weeks before your test and get QUALITY, HIGH YIELD studying in every day for multiple hours, taking practice tests on the weekends.

starting to study now is a big mistake IMO

i agree for the most part, starting over a year before is unnecessary and chances are you'll forget most of it anyways over such a long period.

but i also feel starting 12 weeks before is a bit too late

since u got so much time, aim for a six month studying schedule. and if you have to start early, i would simply do some in depth content review, looking over all the materials from your courses. this way, when you get to only 4 or so months, you would be ready to focus all your energy on doing passages and full-lengths

i think the key is to complete your content review early and focus your final 2-3 months on doing actual passages and practice exams almost exclusively....