Suggestions on arranging my study material

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jambino

The Fox
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I just had my first day of MCAT Physics studying. It was quite brutal and I was a little unprepared for failing this hard (however I knew Physics would be my most difficult subject).
I need some ideas/suggestions on how to arrange my study material. It seems that every practice problem I do has to be under *timed* conditions according to sn2ed, making learning a little harder for me but I suppose this helps me in the long run.
I have TBR content + TBR review questions+ TBR passages + TPRH science workbook + Online videos (with examples) + tutor
So I was thinking of running things down in this order:
Read TBR Content
Watch online videos to solidify content
TBR review questions for practice
TPRH science workbook for more practice
TBR passages for more practice
Tutor for anymore questions/help

I just did this method and it took me about ~10 - 11 hours of studying. What do you folks think about my study practice? Any suggestions? Too much studying?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

10-11 hours for one chapter's worth of material in the TBR books? That seems like it's quite a lot. When I studied with the SN2ed schedule over summer, I was putting in 6-8 hour days. If that amount of time is comfortable for your study habits, then you may be fine. There were days I'd study more than 8 hours, but it's variable. What you don't want to do is burn out.

Your outlined study method looks solid. Just do what you're comfortable with and don't get bogged down with too much. You can judge that as you progress.

If I was you, I wouldn't worry about timing yet. I would just try to get the content down as best as I could and then start timing myself once I felt confident in the subject. When I was preparing for the MCAT, Physics was definitely my Achilles' heel. I did all of the TPRH science workbook questions without timing myself and felt I got a good grasp of the material because of it. The only thing I timed myself was when I was doing practice verbal passages or doing AAMC practice exams. At the end, I was able to hit my goal on the real MCAT. Gotta learn how to walk before you run :)

If I was you, I wouldn't worry about timing yet. I would just try to get the content down as best as I could and then start timing myself once I felt confident in the subject. When I was preparing for the MCAT, Physics was definitely my Achilles' heel. I did all of the TPRH science workbook questions without timing myself and felt I got a good grasp of the material because of it. The only thing I timed myself was when I was doing practice verbal passages or doing AAMC practice exams. At the end, I was able to hit my goal on the real MCAT. Gotta learn how to walk before you run :)

Thank you for your message. I'm going to not time myself initially, and just focus on getting the concepts down. I'm getting beat pretty hard by TBR physics

10-11 hours for one chapter's worth of material in the TBR books? That seems like it's quite a lot. When I studied with the SN2ed schedule over summer, I was putting in 6-8 hour days. If that amount of time is comfortable for your study habits, then you may be fine. There were days I'd study more than 8 hours, but it's variable. What you don't want to do is burn out.

Your outlined study method looks solid. Just do what you're comfortable with and don't get bogged down with too much. You can judge that as you progress.

Thanks for the reply
I'm getting my butt handed to me on this prep course so far. My plan is to work as many problems/passages as possible before the MCAT date. I have 93 days left...