Suggestions on studying for gen chem...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flybry2000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow SDNers,

I was hoping to get some feedback on what might be helpful for the gen chem section. I seem to freeze like a deer in the headlights whenever I come up to a calculation.:eek: I've gone through Chad's Videos and took detailed notes from that, so I understand the subject material. I've gone through Destroyer once, but I'm going through the calculation problems in the gen chem section again. I've heard of Berkeley review, and some others. I've also gone through the KBB, and will go through the questions to polish up. Thanks!

Flybry2000

Members don't see this ad.

Gen Chem is my weakness as well. I heard the AP Princeton/ AP Barron's Chemistry books help too. I have not purchased one or the other but plan to in the future.

The Kaplan book doesn't really have any calculations. I would look at the examples in your general chemistry textbook. If you need more practice than the dat destroyer, you can try the ACS (American chemical society) review books or examkrackers 1001 questions book.

i think once you learn the concept, just be careful and think through when you are setting up yoru calculations and you shoudl be able to get close to 100%

Members don't see this ad :)
i had the same problem, a friend recommended a AP chem book called "Peterson's AP chem" im sure its similar to those listed above... a lot of problems are solved in a step-by-step manner in each chapter..