Suggestions on what to study over Christmas?

sharklasers

Jul 26, 2012
  1. Medical Student
    I am prepared to do some work over break. I can do as much or as little as necessary, but I feel as though I should do a bit.

Any recommendations on what to try and tackle over break? I'm thinking BRS Physio and First Aid Biochem?

Thanks!

MrBeauregard

Soon-to-be PGY-1
    10+ Year Member
    Mar 10, 2009
    1. Medical Student
      Pick your three weakest subjects. Start with your worst and study it until you're comfortable. If you feel better about it, move on to #2. You shouldn't choose a subject that someone else tells you to study.

When you sit the Step and come across a question that pertains to your previously weakest subject, you'll be glad you did this.

sharklasers

Jul 26, 2012
      1. Medical Student
        My weakest subjects are anatomy and embryology, but I have heard both of these are way too low yield to do anything other than First Aid for.

Should I just review Anatomy and Embryology for the relevant sections in first aid?

And maybe try to do some First Aid biochem over Spring break.

Thanks for your help!

ijn

Membership Revoked
        Removed
        Nov 8, 2009
        1. Medical Student
          My weakest subjects are anatomy and embryology, but I have heard both of these are way too low yield to do anything other than First Aid for.

Should I just review Anatomy and Embryology for the relevant sections in first aid?

And maybe try to do some First Aid biochem over Spring break.

Thanks for your help!

I started reviewing the subjects I had covered in my first semester of second year - neuroanatomy, heme-onc, and general principles of pathology.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.