Suggestions regarding August 15th date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mideastbroson

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am going to be a senior next year, i've already decided to take a year off before med school therefore i have planned to submit my primaries the month after my graduation. I have been hesitant in taking the MCAT (pushed date back twice) this last semester due to a pretty busy course schedule (biochem, physics 2, advanced microecon, GABA receptor research, and my bastard of a gf). I want to take the mcat august 15th so i can enjoy my senior year and essentially drink it away in happiness. I've gone through most of the EK complete study package materials and my background in bio is rock-solid (All the principles of bio classes, general physiology, and biochemistry). I am enrolled in a kaplan course starting the 8th and i've already taken a practice mcat or two (27's). I plan to take a FL AAMC every sunday and spend the week breaking down each section until the actual exam. That way, I can get all 8 exams done and reviewed thoroughly before tacklin the beast. Any advice as to whether this is a good idea. It's safe to say that im understanding the mcat now more than ever for what it is. I'm not even afraid anymore, rather I look at it as a challenge I can master. So the FL's every week a good idea? any other suggestions to complement the kaplan classroom course?

Thanks, highly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I think it would be a better idea to save your FLs (remember you have both Kaplan and AAMC) until the last month. Instead of doing a FL, do TONS of TIMED practice problems everyday. One of the best reasons to take Kaplan is due to the sheer amount of problems they give you. That said, it sounds like you're off to a good start.

thanks,

anymore suggestions guys?

just took aamc 3R (i know ive heard its not accurate, and it appears my weakest point is PS like many others)

BS-11
VR-10
PS-10