Suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ElChappo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So...
508 mcat
3.33 sgpa
3.47 overall gpa

2 shadowing experiences (50hrs w/ DO, 300 w/MD)
150hrs @ hospital
200hrs community service
No research

Applied to 10 DO schools
-No interviews

Without grade replacement (only had to retake gen bio) gpa falls to 3.1 sgpa, 3.3 overall.
With grade replacement going away next cycle, I've added 5 more DO schools this week. Currently doing those secondaries.

I'm a nyc resident and have heard a lot about caribbean graduates placing here.
I just want to get in anywhere, forget everything and start studying. Should I fight the caribbean odds or post bacc..if i can get into a program this late

Members don't see this ad.

Which DO schools did you apply to? When did you apply? Because those are competitive numbers for many DO schools....

Which DO schools did you apply to? When did you apply? Because those are competitive numbers for many DO schools....
Both lecoms, nyitcom, Rowan, both pcoms, touro in ny, unecom, nova, marian. Received emails from all of them saying that apps were complete in september-October . Pcom was only one got my committee letter late in beginning of December.

Should I be emailing them? Was trying to be patient but now I feel I have to try something.

Members don't see this ad :)
You could still receive interviews as late as April. If no success this cycle consider adding these schools where you are competitive with your stats:
ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
NYIT-Arkansas
RVU-Utah
UIWSOM
LUCOM
any new schools that open for 2018 (there will be several)

So...
508 mcat
3.33 sgpa
3.47 overall gpa

2 shadowing experiences (50hrs w/ DO, 300 w/MD)
150hrs @ hospital
200hrs community service
No research

Applied to 10 DO schools
-No interviews

Without grade replacement (only had to retake gen bio) gpa falls to 3.1 sgpa, 3.3 overall.
With grade replacement going away next cycle, I've added 5 more DO schools this week. Currently doing those secondaries.

I'm a nyc resident and have heard a lot about caribbean graduates placing here.
I just want to get in anywhere, forget everything and start studying. Should I fight the caribbean odds or post bacc..if i can get into a program this late
Don't Caribbean you've been warned. Do a post bacc or SMP and stop looking for the easy route.

So no emailing to check status? But yeah I got u guys, Caribbean is terrible option, just know a lot of ppl that have been successful there. With grade replacement gone I'll be screwed for DO next cycle. Will start applying to postbacc programs.

Thanks

So no emailing to check status? But yeah I got u guys, Caribbean is terrible option, just know a lot of ppl that have been successful there. With grade replacement gone I'll be screwed for DO next cycle. Will start applying to postbacc programs.

Thanks

I'd call them to check today or Tomorrow!

Glad I reached out to the schools, sent same email to all that I was concerned about my status, and got 3 interviews within a week. So relieved.

Reactions: 1 user