suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scienceguy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would any one know if it would be looked down upon if i took some time off from a MSc program. Im on a full TA scholarship so i do have lab teaching resp. im finishing up my second semester. First semester i got straight A-'s. I graduated from the same school with my BSc with a 3.8. Overall the school esp the biology dept has treated me excellent, and much respect. Im a second generation student in this department, so they know me very well. this semester is going well but my grandmother who raised me as a child and lived with me unexpectidly passes away from a CVA in the MCA (embolic) so ive been preety banged up from it. Anyway in terms of applying to med school i was just wondering if anyone would have any input.

thanks a bunch

Members don't see this ad.

scienceguy said:
Would any one know if it would be looked down upon if i took some time off from a MSc program. Im on a full TA scholarship so i do have lab teaching resp. im finishing up my second semester. First semester i got straight A-'s. I graduated from the same school with my BSc with a 3.8. Overall the school esp the biology dept has treated me excellent, and much respect. Im a second generation student in this department, so they know me very well. this semester is going well but my grandmother who raised me as a child and lived with me unexpectidly passes away from a CVA in the MCA (embolic) so ive been preety banged up from it. Anyway in terms of applying to med school i was just wondering if anyone would have any input.

thanks a bunch

i think you may need to explain your time off. whether you bring that up in the personal statement voluntarily, or only if you were asked during interviews, i don't know... either way, i think it's best if you use the time off to do something productive.

losing a loved one is tough, and i'm sorry you are going thru it. But it is important that you show med school that you are resilient, and you bounce back.

best of luck!