Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Suicide Hotlines

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by scully, Apr 20, 2000.

1. scully

scully Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I am looking of some volunteer work to do this summer and was wondering if a suicide and crisis hotline is a good option. I have already worked as a volunteer in a hospital. I am applying this summer (taking the August MCAT).

Does anyone have any ideas about this? I am wondering if this type of work would be better for someone going into psychology? Thanks for any input!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. I know people who've worked on crisis hotlines and gotten a lot out of it. Of course, it all depends on each individual, but if you like talking to/helping others, it sounds like a good idea. Personally, I wish I had taken the time to do some crisis work since all my pre-med volunteer work was more health-related.

Good luck with the august MCAT, it's great you have the summer to prepare. Most people hate that, but I think it's a great chance to cool off from spring academics and concentrate on one thing.

see you