Summary list of theories of psychotherapy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Annakei

Therapist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find/obtain a list of the various theories of counseling/psychotherapy? Something that lists the key concepts, criticisms, summary etc of each, I believe there to be 11 in all?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

A basic undergrad textbook of psychotherapy theories. Can't remember the one I had...where did you get the number 11 from ?

I already have the book but Im looking for something that's already put together, yes im being lazy..:)

11:

Psychoanalytic
Adlerian
Existential
Person Centered
Gesalt
Behavior
Cognitive Behavior
Reality
Feminist
Post Modern
Family Systems

Members don't see this ad :)
Annakei said:
Does anyone know where I can find/obtain a list of the various theories of counseling/psychotherapy? Something that lists the key concepts, criticisms, summary etc of each, I believe there to be 11 in all?

Thanks!

There are over 460 identified theories of counseling/psychotherapy.

PsychEval said:
There are over 460 identified theories of counseling/psychotherapy.

Oh for heaven's sake come off it! :rolleyes: I am focusing on these particular theories within my academic pursuits! Of course there are more than 11.

Annakei said:
Oh for heaven's sake come off it! :rolleyes: I am focusing on these particular theories within my academic pursuits! Of course there are more than 11.

Theory and Practice of Counseling and Psychotherapy. Gerald Corey.

PsychEval said:
Theory and Practice of Counseling and Psychotherapy. Gerald Corey.

I have the text. :) :laugh: again im being lazy but i found what I was orginally asking for...

:laugh:

I see you changed your response. Good for you! ;)

Annakei said:
:laugh:

I see you changed your response. Good for you! ;)

I was sounding too cranky.