• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Summary of all DO schools

About the Ads
G

gmcguitar4

Curriculum:

Cost:

Faculty:

Clinical Rotations:

Housing:

Study areas:

Social Scene:

Local Hospitals:

Board Prep:

Specialty:

GRADES

Curriculum:
Financial Aid:
Faculty:
Study Space/Library:
Library technology/Resources:
Rotations:
Social:
Hospitals:
Post Grad:

Overall Grade:

oms2

pgy-
Jun 13, 2012
  1. Resident [Any Field]
that thread took years to build, with contributions from many actual med students. schools don't change that much, especially the older schools. although there is outdated information, the thread contains multiple, different perspectives which are still useful. if you need updated info, you could just post a request in that thread and someone will respond.

azide10

Nov 18, 2009
Don't forget it's important to see how schools have changed. Knowing what the problems were several years ago and how/if the school addressed them seems pretty important to me. Based on that thread 2 schools I interviewed at had not improved despite year after year of students saying things needed to be changed. At the interviews the schools basically dodged those questions and showed no intention of fixing major problems.

hallowmann

SDN Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2012
  1. Resident [Any Field]
that thread took years to build, with contributions from many actual med students. schools don't change that much, especially the older schools. although there is outdated information, the thread contains multiple, different perspectives which are still useful. if you need updated info, you could just post a request in that thread and someone will respond.

OK, I pulled the trigger and posted on that thread with a list of schools that need updates.

Here is the direct link in case people are interested: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=13678382#post13678382

Last edited:

toxicwombat

Jul 27, 2011
  1. Medical Student

Don't forget it's important to see how schools have changed. Knowing what the problems were several years ago and how/if the school addressed them seems pretty important to me. Based on that thread 2 schools I interviewed at had not improved despite year after year of students saying things needed to be changed. At the interviews the schools basically dodged those questions and showed no intention of fixing major problems.

Agreed. Please don't post any reviews on this thread, but instead let's keep the original one alive.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.