Jul 27, 2011
Status
Medical Student
Yup. That is generally considered one of the best threads on the DO forums. Very helpful albeit somewhat outdated now.

OP

Filet Mignon
Jan 26, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
Yea it is quite outdated. A ton has changed with many schools over just the last 3 years. Maybe we can start a new one? Get some up to date opinions from current med students?

OP

Filet Mignon
Jan 26, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
Curriculum:

Cost:

Faculty:

Clinical Rotations:

Housing:

Study areas:

Social Scene:

Local Hospitals:

Board Prep:

Specialty:

GRADES

Curriculum:
Financial Aid:
Faculty:
Study Space/Library:
Library technology/Resources:
Rotations:
Social:
Hospitals:
Post Grad:

Overall Grade:

NurWollen

Strong with the Force
10+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2007
United States
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I think the old one might be one thread worth resurrecting... rather than creating a new one. It ran for four years, why should it stop now?

OP

Filet Mignon
Jan 26, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
problem is..the old one has a whole bunch of now irrelevant information/opinions. Not all of it..but a lot.

oms2

pgy-
Jun 13, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
that thread took years to build, with contributions from many actual med students. schools don't change that much, especially the older schools. although there is outdated information, the thread contains multiple, different perspectives which are still useful. if you need updated info, you could just post a request in that thread and someone will respond.

Nov 18, 2009
Status
Don't forget it's important to see how schools have changed. Knowing what the problems were several years ago and how/if the school addressed them seems pretty important to me. Based on that thread 2 schools I interviewed at had not improved despite year after year of students saying things needed to be changed. At the interviews the schools basically dodged those questions and showed no intention of fixing major problems.

hallowmann

Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
that thread took years to build, with contributions from many actual med students. schools don't change that much, especially the older schools. although there is outdated information, the thread contains multiple, different perspectives which are still useful. if you need updated info, you could just post a request in that thread and someone will respond.
OK, I pulled the trigger and posted on that thread with a list of schools that need updates.

Here is the direct link in case people are interested: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=13678382#post13678382

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2011
Status
Medical Student
Don't forget it's important to see how schools have changed. Knowing what the problems were several years ago and how/if the school addressed them seems pretty important to me. Based on that thread 2 schools I interviewed at had not improved despite year after year of students saying things needed to be changed. At the interviews the schools basically dodged those questions and showed no intention of fixing major problems.
Agreed. Please don't post any reviews on this thread, but instead let's keep the original one alive.

OP

Filet Mignon
Jan 26, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
updated nycom one would be nice :D

OP

Filet Mignon
Jan 26, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical

OP

Filet Mignon
Jan 26, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical

ShyRem

I need more coffee.
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2004
Where I hang my hat.
Status
Attending Physician
Repeated pointless bumps of the thread with basically empty posts are not necessary. As students have input they will add it. Patience.