Summer 2000 at NIH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

baylor21

I was recently accepted to a summer research program at the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke at the NIH in Maryland.

Have any of you guys/girls been accepted to this year's program or done the program before?

I know there must be lots of people on here who have either participated in this program before or who are planning on participating this year. I was wondering if you had any ideas about what to do about housing? The NIH doesnt set it up for you, each student has to do it on his/her own. About how much would it be? Is it better to take a car with you or not?

Also, I got accepted to several other research programs (Univ. of Texas Med School in Houston, Univ. of Pennsylvania, and UCLA). Would you say that the NIH is the best one to get involved with?

Thanks for your help.

------------------
"There is nothing more powerful on this Earth as a man who has nothing to lose. It does not take ten such men to change the world--one will do." Elijah Mohammed

Members don't see this ad.