Summer 2009 MCAT Trends

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

minutemen11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is for those who have already taken the MCAT's this summer or for those who have taken them a few months ago. What have you guys had the most difficulty with subject-wise? AKA did you feel that you have studied more Orgo or a particular topic after taking the exam?

I am asking this because I feel that I have finished content review but I am quite weak in Orgo. My exam is in about a month, so in hindsight what topics do you feel you should have really focused on during your cram-week/month.

Members don't see this ad.

There is only one thing to do when it comes to the MCAT. Study everything. There is no "trend" in test administration. One test may be orgo heavy, one may be orgo weak... it's all over the place.

Study everything, then cross your fingers and try your best. Good luck.

the few in my class who have taken it so far have said something about there being some strange orgo structures on the exam. they said just to be prepared.

also, i have heard recent tests are heavily skewing toward genetics

hth

the first poster is right - ignore the trends and study everything.

a lot of people have been saying BS is moving away from ochem and towards genetics, but mine had 3 ochem passages.

you need to be solid on all the topics aamc says can be covered by the mcat.

Members don't see this ad :)