Summer 2010 Research Internships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tennille

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I'm somewhat new to this network so let me introduce myself! I'm 27 and I initially went to school for teaching. I received my B.SED and M.SED and taught international students for 2 years. It was rewarding, yes, and I loved working with people from around the world but I needed a little more of a challenge. I don't regret any of it and learned so much about myself and from my students.

Anyway...so here I am now in my last semester taking the required courses for med-school and taking the MCAT in May. However, I was wondering if anyone has applied to any summer research programs? If so, has anyone heard back about mentors being interested? Also, what do you think the chances are of me landing a position without any previous science research experience? I wrote a master's thesis but it wasn't lab work. I have an excellent GPA and all that (I don't want to give stats because I hate when ppl brag on this thing--I find it totally unappealing and besides what I've done isn't anything anyone else couldn't..we're all here to help each other right?)

So, I was just wondering if anyone else cared to talk about this...everyone, good luck and take care if I don't hear from you :)

Members don't see this ad.