Summer Activities: Study Abroad or Research Program AMGEN

• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

ponybreeder4

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
so the time to start applying for summer programs is approaching...so what do you guys recommend...studying abroad or doing a research program such as AMGEN? i already have 2 research projects so im not in dire need of putting something on my application that says research. What would you guys recommend?

JackInTheBox

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
so the time to start applying for summer programs is approaching...so what do you guys recommend...studying abroad or doing a research program such as AMGEN? i already have 2 research projects so im not in dire need of putting something on my application that says research. What would you guys recommend?

Since you already have 2 research projects, I'd say this is an easy call...

About the Ads

Sangria

10+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Since you already have research experience, I would say study abroad and not even for improving your application. I just think it's a great experience and I had an awesome time last summer. And I guess it may be good for med school admissions since you'll probably end up studying another language abroad

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.