Summer Address, AMCAS, and 2ndry Apps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yogurt the Kid

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Hope everyone is doing well. I will be taking summer classes from June 11th through August 8th, and I am trying to decide whether I should provide my permanent address on the AMCAS for secondary apps and other correspondence OR if I should provide my summer address and then simply update once I my move back into dorms. What I would not like to happen is have secondaries sent to the summer address after I have moved out. But on the other hand, sending things to my permanent address would mean having to have my parents forward the apps to me at school. Anyone have any comments, suggestions about what I might consider. And also, does anyone have tips on completing secondaries?

Thanks

Yogurt

Members don't see this ad.

You should definitely put down your permanent address. People had a lot of trouble last year updating stuff with AMCAS. A lot of secondary invites will come by e-mail, and many secondaries are on-line (some don't even rrequire an invite), so you'll be fine with those. If it's going to be a problem to have your parents forward stuff, then you could consider having the post office forward stuff from your summer address to your dorm address. Especially if they're not too far apart, it shouldn't delay stuff that much. But personally I'd trust parents more than the post office! I studied for the August MCAT last summer away from home, only put down my permanent address, and just had my Mom open everything, and email me the questions. Of course, I had a Mom willing to be my secretary (she actually typed the secondaries that required it for me after I emailed her back the answers, and then mailed the apps to me for my signature). So you at least need folks who will forward stuff to you right away (I'd suggest FedEx or USPS Express so it can be tracked. Same with sending the secondaries in to schools). My main suggestion for secondaries is get them in ASAP and still make the essays good.

Good luck on your applications, and welcome to SDN!! :D Make sure to read <a href="http://forums.studentdoctor.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=010171&p=" target="_blank">Jalbrekt's thread.</a> :) :cool: :D