Summer after first year medical school

Discussion in 'Step I' started by IDontKnow, Jun 2, 2008.

1. IDontKnow

Medical Student
    Hey ppl:

Hope all of you are doing well. I was wondering if there is anything I can do during the summer after my first year that could potentially help me on STEP I. I don't know how feasible would it be to study during the summer, because I feel I might forget it by the time the exam rolls around. What did you guys do? Or what do you suggest?

Thanks,

IDontKnow

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. FrancisvsGoljan

Medical Student
    I would spend the summer learning to use the search function on SDN. it does wonders. Or maybe familiarize myself with the other posts ... oh maybe... about 10 down from yours.

4. oreosandsake

Resident [Any Field]
    I think it really depends on your curriculum and what you have/have not had exposure to.

between the first and second year I read as much as i could stomach of lippincott pharm, read micro made redic simple, and the dubin ekg book. (as well as vacationed, and spent time w/ friends n family)

you'll never get away from the bugs and drugs and repeated exposure to them has helped me a lot.

5. jbp100

jbp100 Member

Resident [Any Field]
    http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=528510

;)