Summer Anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeigoT

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Apart from SUNY Upstate, are there any other schools that offer the option of taking anatomy during the summer?

Members don't see this ad.

Michigan State's DO program offers the option, but next year, it'll be mandatory. They start in July, and all they do is gross anatomy for 6 weeks straight.

MUSC does it! :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
Having Taken Gross - Do It! Do It! Do It!

Tulane lets you take histo in the summer; or at least they did last year (one of my friends did it who's a T1).

Thanks guys! SUNY Upstate suddenly moved up on my list because of that option. And I do have an upcoming interview with UWis.

Just curious, would most people on this thread prefer to take anatomy in the summer before med school semester starts? If yes, what are your reasons?

I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I talked to two students who had done it. One was a non-trad with a family and recommended it because it made his schedule easier that first semester. The other one said he regretted it because he felt that it socially isolated him into the group that had taken the summer anatomy, which was a pretty small subset. The students I spoke with who didn't do it over the summer were OK with their decision (but they were still in the middle of it).