Summer before college activities on AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

canievengetin

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I've seen a few older threads on this but never found any definitive result...
I have one clinical experience (~150 hrs) that I revisited a little (~15 hrs) during my first year in college but never again due to how far it was from college. I also have one nonclinical (300 hrs) that I started early in HS and continued through summer after HS senior year until I had to move out for college. Should I include either of them in AMCAS? Would appreciate any guidance even if ambiguous! Thanks!
Any activity you continued after HS graduation is considered to be "within the college years" and is acceptable to list on your med school application (including the time spent prior to HS graduation).

Any activity you continued after HS graduation is considered to be "within the college years" and is acceptable to list on your med school application (including the time spent prior to HS graduation).

Okay thank you! For my clinical experience, I started at that hospital in high school but took a year-long break after 50 hrs and didn't start again until the summer after HS. Since there was such a large gap should I just leave it out (so the start date is more recent)?

Okay thank you! For my clinical experience, I started at that hospital in high school but took a year-long break after 50 hrs and didn't start again until the summer after HS. Since there was such a large gap should I just leave it out (so the start date is more recent)?
The AMCAS application allows you to enter four different timeframes for each activity, each with their own dates and Total Hours. So you can include both timeframes with the second date of onset being more recent, to show that you had a more longitudinal experience.