Summer before med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Falconclaw

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there've been a lot of threads on this, but I was just wondering, I'm starting med school in August, and I spent the last month travelling through Europe, and I'm home now. Don't really have much to do, and I was wondering if I should get a headstart on med school since I didn't take any anatomy, microbio, histology, immunology, etc. at all in undergrad. I did take biochem since it was a requirement for med school but I took it my last semester and got a B- because of senioritis I guess.

Since I have some free time, should I study at all, or should I just wait another month and a half?

Members don't see this ad.

If the next 6 weeks aren't a drunken blur you're doing it wrong.

Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't other trying to study. Just enjoy your summer. You will have all of medical school to study:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there should be a rule against allowing premeds to post here until medical school actually starts

Reactions: 6 users
SLEEP. As much as possible.

MAYBE read chapter 1 of Gray's Anatomy, just to get yourself oriented (my school started with chapter 2).

But seriously, sleep, have fun, and watch Netflix.

Lets breakdown the quoted sentences below.
I know there've been a lot of threads on this, but I was just wondering...
So, you have seen the other threads? That's great! You did a search before asking a question. There are probably 500+ threads discussing this same topic and they ALL say the same thing, great job OP! OP must be wondering if it possible to drink his liver to death before school starts or something like....
.... should I study at all, or should I just wait another month and a half?
oh. There it is. Now OP has revealed himself, you've shown us your full hand of playing cards and that hand is terrible.
Dec-13v5-625x620.jpg

So... You have seen the 500, no wait, 10 thousand other threads all saying the same thing and you still asked this question? Dear jesus, may God have mercy on your soul and souls of your entire family.

Lets breakdown the quoted sentences below.

So, you have seen the other threads? That's great! You did a search before asking a question. There are probably 500+ threads discussing this same topic and they ALL say the same thing, great job OP! OP must be wondering if it possible to drink his liver to death before school starts or something like....

oh. There it is. Now OP has revealed himself, you've shown us your full hand of playing cards and that hand is terrible.
Dec-13v5-625x620.jpg

So... You have seen the 500, no wait, 10 thousand other threads all saying the same thing and you still asked this question? Dear jesus, may God have mercy on your soul and souls of your entire family.
The cat picture was okay but overall I felt like you could've done a better job parodying my post. If only Antonin Scalia had some free time...

I guess I'll watch the new True Detective season, I heard that was good.

Reactions: 1 user
The cat picture was okay but overall I felt like you could've done a better job parodying my post. If only Antonin Scalia had some free time...

I guess I'll watch the new True Detective season, I heard that was good.
Troll upon troll.

Don't listen to anyone on SDN they are trying to gun you down to prevent you from getting a 270 on step 1. Just read Gray's anatomy at least 3 times and memorize First Aid before you go in.

Reactions: 1 users
I would highly recommend that you try to get through the musculoskeletal anatomy and a couple chapters of your biochem textbook before med school. That way, next year when people ask this question you can tell them with first hand knowledge what a waste of time it was.

Reactions: 11 users
The SDN cycle of life...

And like the salmon of Capistrano, the same M1s will make freak-out threads after the first block of exams. Then make preparing for Step 1 in summer threads. Then make ignore classes/do questions for Step 1 threads.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
jack off a lot, preferably with an attractive friend

case women r ugly

I know there've been a lot of threads on this, but I was just wondering, I'm starting med school in August, and I spent the last month travelling through Europe, and I'm home now. Don't really have much to do, and I was wondering if I should get a headstart on med school since I didn't take any anatomy, microbio, histology, immunology, etc. at all in undergrad. I did take biochem since it was a requirement for med school but I took it my last semester and got a B- because of senioritis I guess.

Since I have some free time, should I study at all, or should I just wait another month and a half?

Maybe get a job and save up more money, stuff can get expensive. Studying prior to the start is not really necessary. If anything, you can casually start looking at anatomy/physiology if you havnt taken any of those classes before.

Read some nursing textbooks, I hear they provide equal and better care at a fraction of the cost, you may learn something. Second, read Bates guide to a Physical Examination and History... You will never have another time to read that paperweight

Reactions: 1 users
Read some nursing textbooks, I hear they provide equal and better care at a fraction of the cost, you may learn something. Second, read Bates guide to a Physical Examination and History... You will never have another time to read that paperweight

No man they use the exact same resources as us so they know just as much

Reactions: 2 users