• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Ivan Drago

10+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
are there summer breaks in dental school??

this might be a dumb question but i am looking at tufts first year curriculum, and aside from a few days for thanksgiving, two weeks for christmas break, one week for spring break.......i dont see anything for summer break!!!!!!!!!!!
for any year?!?!?

:scared::scared::eek:

INFNITE

mmm....doughnut
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2005
NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
depends on school. columbia has a 2 month summer break after 1st year, 2nd year is flexible depending on when you take the national boards, 3rd year you get 1 month i believe.

tamkhan

Kala Budha
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2006
SDN
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
BU has a 2 week summer break, if you don't count in the pointless APEX program. Otherwise, it's 3 months off!

About the Ads

Dentgirl09

10+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
BU has a 2 week summer break, if you don't count in the pointless APEX program. Otherwise, it's 3 months off!

Off topic, but do you really think APEX is pointless? IT sounded intriguing during the interview.

tooth hurty

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Off topic, but do you really think APEX is pointless? IT sounded intriguing during the interview.

It seemed pretty horrendously pointless to me. You're not allowed to do any hands-on dentistry during your APEX rotations, you're just supposed to shadow. Most pre-dental students shadow before going to dental school anyway, so I fail to see the point.

SMCohen

10+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Nova gives you 5 weeks after D1 to study for boards

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.