summer break in dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ivan Drago

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
are there summer breaks in dental school??

this might be a dumb question but i am looking at tufts first year curriculum, and aside from a few days for thanksgiving, two weeks for christmas break, one week for spring break.......i dont see anything for summer break!!!!!!!!!!!
for any year?!?!?

:scared::scared::eek:

Members don't see this ad.

depends on school. columbia has a 2 month summer break after 1st year, 2nd year is flexible depending on when you take the national boards, 3rd year you get 1 month i believe.

BU has a 2 week summer break, if you don't count in the pointless APEX program. Otherwise, it's 3 months off!

Members don't see this ad :)
BU has a 2 week summer break, if you don't count in the pointless APEX program. Otherwise, it's 3 months off!

Off topic, but do you really think APEX is pointless? IT sounded intriguing during the interview.

No summer break at Marquette so at least youre not alone!!

Off topic, but do you really think APEX is pointless? IT sounded intriguing during the interview.

It seemed pretty horrendously pointless to me. You're not allowed to do any hands-on dentistry during your APEX rotations, you're just supposed to shadow. Most pre-dental students shadow before going to dental school anyway, so I fail to see the point.

Nova gives you 5 weeks after D1 to study for boards