Summer Breaks for Wedding Planning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am planning on getting married the summer after my first year of medical school. Do most schools have their summer breaks the same dates, or close? I have to book my venue tomorrow but dont want to call all 30 schools I applied to to see when they might have their breaks. Would end of June be a safe bet to book a venue?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So I am planning on getting married the summer after my first year of medical school. Do most schools have their summer breaks the same dates, or close? I have to book my venue tomorrow but dont want to call all 30 schools I applied to to see when they might have their breaks. Would end of June be a safe bet to book a venue?

Congrats!

Yeah should be ok, my school's year ends early June.

The majority of med schools have M1 summer break from early June - early August

A few start M2 earlier in mid July. A few start M2 later in late August.

Your best bet would be mid-June to mid-July. Especially if you want to leave time for a 1 or 2 week honeymoon.

Reactions: 1 user