Summer class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TC714

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I plan to take a general chemistry class ( 2nd one) at my local community college this summer. However, I heard that Pharmacy schools won't accept course taken in summer session since it's too short ( like 7 weeks). Anyway, does anyone in here know more about this ? Please let me know...
Sincerely
TC.

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools recommend that you don't take any math or science courses during summer sessions, but they'll usually accept them as credit anyway (at least at the schools I researched). You should check with each individual school to be certain.

I took gen chem II over the summer and most of my classmates were pre-med or pre-pharmacy. It didn't sound like there'd be any trouble w/ the pharmacy school accepting summer credits, although most of them did plan to attend pharm school at the school that was offering this class.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think summer school is fine b/c it is a credit course. I am a predental, and I am taking Organic 1 in this summer in university. I wrote some email to dental schools, and I was suggested that not taking more than general courses in community colleges. For ex, Organic should be taken in 4 year university. Check with your future pharm schools...Good luck.

Originally posted by TC714
Hi all,
I plan to take a general chemistry class ( 2nd one) at my local community college this summer. However, I heard that Pharmacy schools won't accept course taken in summer session since it's too short ( like 7 weeks). Anyway, does anyone in here know more about this ? Please let me know...
Sincerely
TC.

Usually taking summer classes is fine, but please call or email them to make sure that they will take the credit. Let them know what classes you are going to take in summer, because some schools don't accept any summer biology or chemistry classes at all. One of my friends was going to take a physic class this summer & she thought it was going to be okay, but the school rejected her already, saying that she cannot take a class with lab in the summer. It really depends on the school. Check with the school again to make sure and see if there is any other class you need to take as well. Good luck !:thumbup: