Summer classes at a community college

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Pathologist, Dec 11, 2000.

1. Pathologist

Pathologist Senior Member

I'd like to take a summer class, but I go to a school that is about an hour away from my hometown and I don't want to live at college during the summer. So, I thought about taking a class at a community college that's only about 15 minutes away. As long as it's not one of my science classes, do the med schools have a problem with this?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. gower

gower 1K Member

No, they should not.

Be aware, though, whenever you take classes at another college, and the classes are credited on your home college transcript, you MUST have ORIGINAL transcripts submitted FROM THE COLLEGE WHERE YOU TOOK THE COURSE. This can be a nuisance as well as expensive
    if there were several different colleges.

The same rule applies for students who transferred from another college. Regardless of what your new college transcript shows about prior work, you must submit original transcripts from the first (and second, third, and...).

4. gower

gower 1K Member

I meant to preface the remarks about sending original transcripts by:" When you apply to medical school" be aware...