Summer classes at JC?

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2001
Cali
    Hi

There is a JC by my university and I was thinking about taking classes there this summer bc it is A LOT cheaper. I would still be in Berkeley taking mcat classes and being a ta for a class. Would it look bad taking these classes being enrolled in a 4 year university?

About the Ads

AspiringDoctor9

7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Aug 11, 2003
      Hihi guys!

In response to your question, I'd say it depends on what class you're taking and what your grades have been like up until this point. If you have done well in your classes so far, then just do well in your JC classes and you'll be fine - I don't think anyone will care. On the other hand, if you take some of your core prereqs (Bio, Chem, OChem or Physics) at a JC, and tagged a buncha Bs and Cs at Berkeley, it'll definately look fishy, and some adcoms will wonder if you did it to get easier grades (even if it's flat-out not true). Just something to think about!

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.