Summer Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ts1370

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This summer I'm taking 6 hours of business classes (business minor) and I also want to take another science class. I'm thinking neurobio (4 hrs). I'm trying to decide whether or not this would benefit me in the longterm. I'll also be working 40 hrs per week in the lab. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

This summer I'm taking 6 hours of business classes (business minor) and I also want to take another science class. I'm thinking neurobio (4 hrs). I'm trying to decide whether or not this would benefit me in the longterm. I'll also be working 40 hrs per week in the lab. Any suggestions?

It really depends on where you're at. Have you done all the pre-reqs, etc.

I'm sitting at a 3.98 and pretty much have my majors done. I just need to take a few classes senior year. At this point, I'm just wondering if it will help me in med school. Isn't neuro an elective?

Members don't see this ad :)
It won't help you get into med school, no. You have a 3.98, you should chill out and go get a 42T.

This. I doubt it would have any real impact. Take some classes you like while you still can!

I'm not looking for help in getting into med school, rather I'm looking to prepare myself for med school.

And if I got a 42T, I'd probably ruin a pair of my jeans if you catch my drift.

Biochem maybe?

EDIT: The attitude from med-students on here seems to be to not even try to prepare for med school because you can't. Most just say to do what you like. Of course, their words not mine, I am no med student.

EDIT: Underwater Basket-Weaving FTW! Just go with neurobiology if you are interested.

Last edited:
You should stop taking all classes and work on your MCAT and research. There's no "preparing" for med school. At most, you should buy the textbooks and start reading, not take random neuroscience or business classes. I can assure you that you can learn more regarding starting a medical office / business from a doctor in practice than any textbooks can teach you.

You should stop taking all classes and work on your MCAT and research. There's no "preparing" for med school. At most, you should buy the textbooks and start reading, not take random neuroscience or business classes. I can assure you that you can learn more regarding starting a medical office / business from a doctor in practice than any textbooks can teach you.

The business class is for his major. Anyway I'll agree with you on the point that you cant prepare for medical school to a degree. You can however take many classes like histology,immunology,virology,microbiology,physiology,neuroscience, embryology, human behavioral courses, biochemistry, and anatomy to prep you for the medical school courses. Because really while medical school will have information that's likely more intensive then the undergrad level. It'll still prep you very well.
Personally i know a friend who took micro,immun,histo, and virology and said that they really helped him out in medical school. So realistically you can do a great job at easing your life in medical school by taking medical school courses at the undergrad level.
Btw on the topic of the Mcat, if he's got a 3.98 then he obviously knows how to study properly thus he'll know that he needs to spend time studying. In reality all he needs to do is study for a few months, maybe 1-2 hours a day? No need to drop what ever your doing and forget about what college is about; which is too learn about what interest you.