Summer courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

terpgirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
May sound like a petty question, but...

Have you ever heard about/been told that summer science courses are looked down upon by medical school admissions committees? I LOVE the idea of having a small interactive class, and although it's about 4 or so hours a day, 5 days a week for [I believe] 6 weeks... the crunch of having it together makes it alot easier to understand than having a 50 minute lecture 3 times a week with a discussion and a random lab. With 24 people in the class instead of the 400 person lecture hall, it encourages so much more discussion and you can actually ask questions!

I thought that it didn't matter, because the MCAT was the leveling ground--you can get an A at one university but in another prof's class at a different school that translates into a C--and the MCAT would show that!!

Sorry if that seemed harsh, I hate the college of life sciences at my school, all high and mighty ;-)

-Liz

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I don't think it matters at all if you take a few of your premed reqs at summer classes. It's probably more important to do well in them and in academics in general. I took physics+lab I and II over a summer and have friends who did physics as well, or even organic chem+lab.