Summer enrichment programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmac81

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys-

I wantd to write you because i am reading all these books now getting ready for my dat and i saw this thing about summer enrichment programs where you can go to the univerity over the summer and learn dental information? Has anyone ever done one of these? Or does anyone know what the opinion on them is out there? I figured it sounded like someinthg that would really look good but who knows!?

Alright thanksd guys:clap:

Members don't see this ad.

I think the best person to ask is Yah-E. However, he just started Dental school so he may be really really busy. You should PM him, I know he went to one enrichment program at Marquette.

Also, enrichment programs are catered to minorities...but you should ask him.

Hope this helps,

DesiDentist

No, I don't think enrichment programs are primarily for minorities. I went to a week-long introduction to careers in dentistry last summer at OHSU, and there were all sorts of people there ranging from juniors in highschool to college graduates. The one thing, though, was you had to apply to get into the program relatively early (like march or april) to get in. Other than that, it was a great way to talk to current dental students, hear lectures from professors, and get hands-on dental lab experience.

Definitly, if your state dental school offers something like that, you should do it. It shows you are interested, and gives you a very broad overveiw of what dentistry offers.

Good luck!