Summer Housing - U Pitt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrBrightside

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be in Pittsburgh for the summer. What neighborhoods are closest to the medical center? Where do students generally live? Are there any hip down-town areas?

Mr. BrightSide

Members don't see this ad.

This is school-specific and therefore is moved to Class Threads SubForum.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be in Pittsburgh for the summer. What neighborhoods are closest to the medical center? Where do students generally live? Are there any hip down-town areas?

Mr. BrightSide

Shadyside and Squirrel Hill seem to be the areas where Pitt med students prefer to live. Check out the class of 2011 thread in this same forum for lots of "Where should I live?" discussion. Based on that thread, it seems like Shadyside is kind of a cute, somewhat happening area whereas Squirrel Hill is more residential. Downtown seems dead from the conversation in the thread.

Hi,

I just noticed your posting about looking for an apartment. I'm a med student at UPitt and I'm looking for someone to take over my room in a 3br townhouse in Shadyside this summer from June 1st to the end of July. The rent is 575 + utlities (gas and electric). It's about 2 blocks from Walnut Street and right in front of the bus stop (which stops right in front of the medical center). Please let me know if you're still looking for a place. I can forward pictures. The place is gorgeous and my roommates are great! Thanks!

I'll PM you.