summer ideas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HiddenTruth

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

This will be the summer after my first year and I have it off. I was wondering what I can do this summer. i am interested in doing some research; however, I think many of the deadlines are up at known places. Do you guys know of any programs where the deadlines are not up or just ideas simply what I can do. I know some of you will say to enjoy and take the summer off, but actually I am in a 6 yr program and this summer is intended for us to finsih our BA requirements (which I am completeing by taking a course online--pretty bogus), so therefore, I do want to do something productive since I have completed my BA requirements the first couple of yrs. Please let me know with any ideas and suggestions. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

travel. or anything else .

Go someplace tropical and learn Spanish.... you can probably get your school to pay for it.

Anyone at Baylor, UCSF, washU, or hopkins, (or even at other known universities--trying to set a minor link for later also, i.e residency) know of any research oppurtunities this summer for someone from an outside school--I know some places have specific programs, but I bet those deadlines are up. I was wondering whether I may be able to contact some mentors in my area of interest, and set something up. Any ideas?