1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

summer ideas

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by HiddenTruth, Apr 12, 2004.

1. HiddenTruth

HiddenTruth Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi All,

This will be the summer after my first year and I have it off. I was wondering what I can do this summer. i am interested in doing some research; however, I think many of the deadlines are up at known places. Do you guys know of any programs where the deadlines are not up or just ideas simply what I can do. I know some of you will say to enjoy and take the summer off, but actually I am in a 6 yr program and this summer is intended for us to finsih our BA requirements (which I am completeing by taking a course online--pretty bogus), so therefore, I do want to do something productive since I have completed my BA requirements the first couple of yrs. Please let me know with any ideas and suggestions. Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. doc05

doc05 2K Member
    15+ Year Member

travel. or anything else .

4. BassDominator

BassDominator Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Go someplace tropical and learn Spanish.... you can probably get your school to pay for it.

5. HiddenTruth

HiddenTruth Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Anyone at Baylor, UCSF, washU, or hopkins, (or even at other known universities--trying to set a minor link for later also, i.e residency) know of any research oppurtunities this summer for someone from an outside school--I know some places have specific programs, but I bet those deadlines are up. I was wondering whether I may be able to contact some mentors in my area of interest, and set something up. Any ideas?