Summer Internships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lmaozedong

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I was sure there would be some sort of sticky for this, but I can't find anything so I'm posting here hoping you guys can help me out!

I'm looking for internships to do for next summer, the summer before my Senior year so that I can get a head start and have everything set and not have to worry about it. What are the big internships for pre-med students? What kinds of things do people generally do over the summer before their Senior year? So far after Freshman year I worked in a lab full time, and this summer I've pretty much been studying MCATs full time. I work in a lab during the year as well, and I'm looking to get some experience volunteering at CHOP or another hospital during this year. What should I be looking into?

Members don't see this ad.

You could do a research internship at NIH in bethesda.

Members don't see this ad :)
The specific labs that offer them seem to change each year, depending on funding. Most applications open in late fall. Last year my experience was that running searches early in year led to a lot of bad links, but was better in late October and November. Programs tend to send out notices to schools. You may find them either through your science departments or Career Advising Center.

I'm in pretty much the same situation as you- looking for some sort of research internship program for next summer, which will be the summer before my senior year. I've looked into it somewhat and found some things at my school as well as programs at NIH, Mayo Clinic, etc. I just did an internet search and found some pretty good results. I'll planning to apply to several programs in the fall and see where I get in.

Wow, I thought my thread was dead. Thanks guys.. anyway. My sister did the NIH one and loved it, so I'm definitely applying there.. thanks everyone!